The Resource 100 ways America is screwing up the world, John Tirman
- 100 ways America is screwing up the world, John Tirman
- Statement of responsibility
- John Tirman
- "With a foreword by Howard Zinn." -- Cover
- Altering the Earth's climate. -- Television. -- The Cold War. -- Dumping toxins. -- Market mantra: the tragic failure of neoliberalism. -- Blood for oil. -- Agribusiness. -- The Reagan doctrine. -- The war in Vietnam. -- The Waltons go global. -- Gilded democracy. -- Nourishing the seeds of Islamic militancy. -- Spreading the word. -- Petroleum dependency. -- The American dream. -- The ABCs of HIV/AIDS: how not to stop an epidemic. -- Reaganism. -- Nuclear weapons. -- Genocide. -- A rogues' gallery of dictators. -- SUVs. -- The "War on terrorism" -- How to really screw things up: six splendid little wars. -- Big pharma. -- The weapons habit. -- Demise of public health. -- Covert action. -- Billary. -- Defense contractors. -- "We don't do body counts" -- Getting high. -- Torture. -- Consumerism. -- The attack on science. -- The failed presidency of George W. Bush. -- Liberal hawks. -- The puritanical ethic. -- Democratization. --
- Empty (headed) threats of war. -- America as victim. -- The imperialism of knowledge. -- Cuba. -- Oceans. -- Gangsta rap and the culture of violence. -- Supporting apartheid. -- The very expensive fissionable atom. -- AIPAC. -- Wars of choice. -- Haiti: voodoo foreign policy. -- McDonaldization. -- Dissing the United Nations. -- Mel Gibson. -- The New York Times (and the Washington Post) -- Blame it on Rio: the NRA's shoot-out in Brazil. -- The self-help mania. -- Destroying the left, bankrupting democracy. -- A most Christian nation: What would Jesus say? -- The deadly reach of patio furniture. -- Public diplomacy: Just put on a happy face. -- The killing fields of death row. -- The new age. -- Committees of the imperious. -- Forgetting history. -- We're number one. -- Strong states, weak states: Whose side are you on? -- Fat country, fat world: the magic of processed food. -- The filthy rich. -- The global gag: family planning the extremists' way. -- The imperial city. -- Commercialization of sports. -- Damsels in distress. -- Disney, Inc. -- Las Vegas. -- Christmas. -- The Miami relatives. -- P.R. -- "24/7": abuses of the work ethic. -- Paris Hilton and celebrity culture. -- Ten annoyances. -- Ten things America does right in the world
- Control code
- 21 cm.
- 1st ed.
- xxi, 258 p.
- Isbn Type
- System control number
ContextContext of 100 ways America is screwing up the world, John Tirman
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance 100 ways America is screwing up the world, John Tirman
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://marshes-of-glynn.library.link/resource/cFebSLrI98U/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://marshes-of-glynn.library.link/resource/cFebSLrI98U/">100 ways America is screwing up the world, John Tirman</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://marshes-of-glynn.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://marshes-of-glynn.library.link/">Marshes of Glynn Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Marshes of Glynn Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...